If you are new here, you may want to know a few things about me. Here’s the nutshell version:
My name is Dana
- I am happily married to a super hunk. We’ve been together for twenty years, married for eighteen.
- I have three amazing daughters. The age span between the oldest and youngest is 2.5 years. We did not plan them that way, but it sure has been fun raising them.
- I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed in 1996, at the age of 22. Cancer and what it taught me, and continues to teach me, have shaped my entire adult life.
- I am a pastor’s wife. I also did not plan this. I married an athletic trainer and neither one of us were very interested in God. God, however, had unexpected and sometimes outrageous plans for the two of us. He is still working those plans out. It is a very exciting way to live.
- For sixteen years, I lived less than three miles from the Atlantic Ocean in beautiful coastal Florida. I loved it.
- In 2009, my husband was not only fired from his youth pastor position but my entire family was excommunicated from our church and completely cut off from our entire social network for no valid reason. It was the most devastating experience of my life.
- But God ( I love that phrase ) came completely and magnificently to our rescue. He moved us to Georgia, to a town I’d never heard of, but which has healed and restored my broken heart.
- I live in a ridiculously amazing 100 year old house , the third of our ridiculously amazing homes here in Georgia. I yearn for the mountains of Arizona and I pine for the see, but I’m also pretty darn content right here (for now).
- I am a home schooler
- I am a minimalist
- I am a Christian hedonist
- I believe in radical discipleship
- This blog is my story.